What is the HP Printer Assistant? How to download & Install?
HP Printer Assistant is the print management software for HP printers, which is designed for managing print activities and also improving the efficiency of your printer. Printer management software i.e. ‘HP Printer Assistant’ automatically gets installed whenever you install HP Printer drivers. The software comes with its best technical features, which makes the print job much easier. With help of it, Users can track printer page usage, check the level of ink, scan document or image, can take control of all printing processes, and more.
HP Printer Assistant helps users to manage their print job without any difficulty. The automatic feature the software takes care of all the printing processes going on with the printer. It also lets you manage all the print job with its inbuilt features. In other words, HP Printer Assistant is a printer maintenance tool for HP printers for tuning performance, troubleshooting issues, and updating printer drivers.
Instructions for downloading the software from HP official Website:
- First turn on your printer
- Now, make sure that the USB cable which connects your printer to the computer is removed or disconnected from the printer. The installation indicates to connect the cable if required.
- Then you need to visit HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers.
- Now you have to type your printer model number and click on submit.
- A result page will show your printer model, Click on the model you are using.
- On the next page, if the default operating system is different from which you are using, you need to change it, click Change, and select the version you are using & click change.
- Now click on the download.
- Select the type of installation you want either Typical or Recommended. Whenever the software installer prompts.
Once the Printer user installs the printer assistant software on their Windows computer, by using a printer Compact Disc (CD) or directly from the HP official website, the software automatically gets installed on the windows computer. Users then follow the following steps to find and open the software.
- To open HP Printer Assistant users need to double click on the printer on the desktop.
- Users need to search for their printer model number, as soon as they see their printer in the list, just click on it to open Printer Software.
- If users are unable to find the software, then just download and install the complete printer drivers on their computer.
- Those HP Printers which are manufactured before 2010, on those printers, HP Solution Center is the alternate of HP Printer assistant, which provides the same managing feature.
This software is not available for MACOS or OS X, Because the Mac print drivers install HP Utility, which comes with the same feature and similar tools.
Just after updating the computer from Windows 7 to 10 through a USB connected printer, Users might experiences a problem while opening HP printer assistant or the setup. To fix such problems you need to reconnect printer or reinstall the drivers.
Reconnect your printer
Click on the printer icon on the desktop, this will display the printer setup screen, Now click on “connect a new printer”, and complete all the required steps to reconnect the printer again.
Now try to open the printer assistant software, If it opens, the problem is fixed. But if not, you need to continue with the next step.
Uninstall HP printer software
Uninstall the HP printer software from the computer and then reinstall the driver. follow the following steps:
- Make sure USB cable is disconnected from the printer.
- Now open the control panel and click on Programs and Features.
- From the list of all program choose HP printer software, and click Uninstall
- Then Restart the computer.
Reinstall Printer driver from the official HP Website
When the uninstalling of HP Printer software is completed, you need to download and install the updated version of the software.
- Visit the HP Website
- As soon as you click on the HP Website link above, you will land to the page which will ask u to identify your product, you need to click on printer, now just type the printer model number and click submit.
- If required just change the operating system, just click on Change, choice your version, and again click Change.
- Then you need to click Download.
- While installation, choose the Typical or Recommended installation type once prompted by the installer.